Monday, April 20, 2009

The other referral...meant to be!

We had been so excited when Diana mentioned Ange-Laurette that we didn't listen closely as she described another very special boy. She had previously warned us that older boys may be too rough by nature to our younger, mild-mannered son at home. So we simply missed God's other plan in that call.

But, as we know, God persists. :) About 10 days later, we received photos from Diana's trip which included this one. I said to Bailey, "Well, he sure looks nice. Maybe not all the older boys are rough." When we clicked on the header, we saw the name Pierre Cardin. Then, I remembered...that was the name Diana had mentioned in her referral phonecall. I paged through my notebook to find the notes I had taken from that phonecall. There it said: Pierre Cardin, about 10 years old, very caring and kind to younger children.

I forwarded the picture to Bruce at work, saying "What do you think? Please!" We called Diana with more questions and details: how would he and Ange-Laurette be as siblings, how are they together, what are his interests, etc. Soon, we found out that Pierre was also meant to call us his forever family. That bright, beaming smile only got bigger over the months ahead!